Job Title: Estimating/Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Analyze mechanical and electromechanical drawings products and systems in support of government contracts. Actively work as the technical point of contact with Program Management and Customers to develop and manage objectives and requirements for related pursuits and projects.
• Provides technical assistance and works hands on to evaluate, qualify and verify components that comprise customer bills of material
• Ensures all necessary documentation (including but not limited to requirements, designs, test protocols and reviews) are created and maintained and are optimized for production, reliability and cost
• Create reports, plans, procedures, protocols, requirements and presentations
• Perform all activities in compliance with the established Quality System.
• Keeps abreast of industry advancements and evaluates new ideas and new technologies.
• Support Component and vendor selection, evaluation and qualification.
• Review of engineering documentation packages (drawings, analyses, technical manuals and specifications) for completeness and accuracy, mechanical system analysis, preparation of engineering change packages.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Education: Must have at least a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Systems Engineering.
• Specific Experience: Four (4) years of experience associated with cable assembly specific products a plus. IPC Certified a plus.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.