Job Title: Production Manager
Reports To: VP Operations
Responsible for Managing all areas of manufacturing to produce products on-schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Provides overall management of production of finished products, process improvements and materials usage; oversees the scheduling of short term and long-term production to ensure the most efficient utilization of facilities resources as related to staffing, materials, production and inventory requirements.
- Responsible for developing, recommend and implement operational strategies for lead-time and cost reduction, process improvement, on-time delivery and resource planning;
- Establish and maintain key performance metrics, overall responsibility of manufacturing performance
- Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand;
- Works with production personnel to monitor quality including customer relations, product specifications and finish product quality; assists with production complaints; interacts with the sales organization to ensure customer satisfaction through quality products and services.
- Trains employees in the tools, work techniques, and skills required to accomplish work assignments
- As appropriate and authorized, devises and adapts tools, aids, improved work methods and procedures to accomplish work assignments
- Performs work in accordance with sound safety practices and for maintaining equipment and facilities in accordance with company specifications for cleanliness and safety.
- Familiar with IPCWHMA
- Familiarity with current CAD programs
- Familiarity with current military specifications and standards
- Familiarity with recording, analyzing and interpreting test data
- Familiarity with designing and conducting tests
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment; supervising people, processes and production demands. (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical drawings
- Strong Organizational and Leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and other various office machines and equipment
- Background in continual improvement, ISO/AS9100 preferred
- Experience in servicing and maintaining equipment